THE INSTITUTE FOR ARTISTS’ ESTATES IS THE EDUCATION CENTRE IN EUROPE DEDICATED TO ARTISTS’ ESTATES.
The management of an artists’ estate can be learned. It is an intensive task of great responsibility and involves honoring the artist’s will, while at the same time respecting the interests of heirs and other stakeholders. The professionalism of today’s art world requires from estate leaders know how in many different fields, such as strategy development, legal and tax Issues, cultural asset stewardship, risk management, publications, economical sustainability, art market strategies, public relations.
The Institute for Artists’ Estates has developed specific in-depth training opportunities for artists, family members and artist’s estate executives which cover all relevant fields of artist’s legacy planning and artist’s estate management. Trained by high profile referents in small groups, participants will learn from experts as well as from peers in an familial and focused environment. To ensure a rewarding learning experience for all participants, we carefully assemble each program class to reflect a stimulating mix of backgrounds, interests, and roles within the field of artists’ estates and artists’ endowed foundations. As a result, you’ll gain a broader perspective on everyday challenges, as well as an interesting network of those connect to the field of artists estates.
What you can expect
- Learning about possible structures of an artist’s estate, the pillars of artist’s estate management and DO’s and DON’Ts of artist’s estate operations
- in a rich three-day learning experience with high profile referents
- taking place at important art institutions
- with the unique opportunity to speak and exchange views with others artists working on their legacy set up
- in a familiar and focused atmosphere
Who is right for the programme
- Artist’s Family Members and loved ones
- Artist’s Studio Managers
- Lawyers & Tax Advisors interested in the field